Teaching & Talks
Suzanne has guest lectured about food ethics and sustainable agriculture at the University of Vermont, and at Sterling College. At her restaurant, Salt Café, she teaches classes in various aspects of food writing, as well as offering hands-on cooking classes.
She was recently selected to offer a workshop at the Stone Barns Center's prestigious Young Farmers Conference, which will take place December 2-4, 2015. The topic of her talk will be: "Farm to Taste: Helping Customers Make the Most of Your Products."
In 2015, she was a speaker at the NOFA-Vermont Winter Conference, as well as at the Stone Barns Center's "Poultry School" conference.
She is available to speak on topics related to:
- Food ethics
- Food writing
- Operating a farm-to-table restaurant
- The need for improved communication between chefs, farmers, and consumers
- The role of chefs in building local food systems
- The role of consumers in building local food systems
- How farmers can sell more product by offering recipes
- Goose farming